So my plate has gotten a little full lately. You may know the feeling. The school year is starting back up. “Just one little thing” adds up. Legitimate priorities need to be handled. Projects are pending.
So what do we do? Panic? Shut down? Keep going until we collapse? No. No. No. It’s time to go back to basics.
- Take a deep breath. Panic never makes anything better.
- Speak truth to yourself. Now is not the time to forget what is true. We have been called by God to this day. He provides what we need to live as we are called to live today — bringing glory to God in all that we do. He is with His people as we live the life He has given us (Heb. 13:5-6).
- Get a handle on your responsibilities. Now look at what you have to do. Knowing ‘what’ is half the battle. An important part of that “knowing” is having it recorded. Trying to remember all the little things are driving you crazy. Pull out your to-do list and capture what is buzzing around in your head.
- Now map out a plan. Look at the priorities and put them in order. Look at your available time and block out sections to tackle what you need. Knowing ‘when’ to do ‘what’ is another huge part of the battle.
- Do it. This is the final key. Work the plan. Follow the steps you have laid out. Get it done.
We can do this, in the grace God provides. Stay calm and confident and get it done.